Transmittal for submitting payment

FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions

Child Support is required by law to create a lien registry using an interactive website.

Parents who owe past-due support of any amount are listed on the Lien Registry. Even if the parent is making payments toward the past-due amount he or she will be on the Lien Registry until the past-due amount is paid in full.

It means Child Support is claiming an interest in some of that parent’s property as a way to secure payment of child support debt. Being on the Lien Registry might affect your ability to sell certain property and get a loan.

Being on the Lien Registry creates a lien against some real property and titled personal property in North Dakota. Real Property is land, any buildings on the land, and other things attached to the land such as minerals. Titled personal property includes vehicles of all kinds (cars, trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, trailers, campers, motorhomes, and some mobile homes). Exempt from a lien is the homestead of the parent who owes past-due support and specific items provided in state law.

The name of the parent who owes past-due support and the past-due amount.

Child Support will confirm information but will not provide any additional information. If requested, Child Support will provide year of birth for the person in question. Upon request, Child Support will provide written documentation to a searcher if information provided by the searcher is not match Child Support’s records.

The Lien Registry is updated weekly, generally on Thursdays.

Contact Child Support if you don’t agree with the past-due amount listed on the Lien Registry.

You must pay all support owed which includes the amount due for the current month and the past-due amount. To find out how much you owe:

Make a payment online or use this transmittal when paying by check or money order.