Report Temporary Layoffs & Terminations
Employers must notify Child Support of the temporary layoff or termination of an employee when:
- Support is being withheld based on an income withholding order.
- Health insurance is provided in response to the National Medical Support Notice.
The notification must be within 7 business days of the layoff or termination.
Login to Report Layoff or Termination
- Complete the last page of the Income Withholding Order/Notice for Support, Notification of Employment Termination or Income Status, and send it to the issuing entity.
- Print, complete, and send a Notification of Termination Form to the issuing Child Support office.
- In the case of a National Medical Support Notice, send to the issuing Child Support office with a copy of any notice you are required to provide under the continuation coverage provisions of ERISA or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
- Employee’s name
- Employee’s remittance identifier (found on the Income Withholding Order/Notice for Support)
- Employee’s last known home address
- Date of temporary layoff or termination
- New employer’s name and address, if known